Looking back over this year where so much has happened; it is no wonder why I have not consistently posted updates about my writing journey. I got married in Nigeria at the end of July and I am still adjusting to married life. I have so much to write about in the next coming months and I am excited to share with you all the things I have been working on.
What I published this summer
- Some thoughts about love – After some pre-marital marriage counselling sessions with my pastor, I decided to pen down some ideas about what it really means to love someone.
- What being in a long-distance relationship has taught me – I wrote this article with a strong conviction. I don’t think long-distance relationships get the respect it deserves. Anyone who knows what it takes to sustain one should speak about it more often.
Upcoming blog posts to look out for
I have the following things in mind to write about over the next month or so.
- My experience of getting married in Nigeria.
- The importance of a strong community when going through major life changes e.g. planning a wedding/ losing a loved one.
- Learnings from writing my poetry collection/ my writing process.
Thanks for reading my writing update. I hope to be more consistent with my writing. I always feel good when I finally hit the publish button.